Saturday, 17 March 2012

Derp??? n Derpina!!!



 I figured most of us would be fairly familiar with 'Le Derp & Le Derpina' courtesy Facebook.  I did find some of them funny. But the rest were just hitting way below the belt. Here are some of them and my own comments that popped into my head as I read them.


1. Guy : Hey, I just bought a pc with ( *says a zillion specifications* ) 
    Girl : I just got a Pink pc !!!! 
Most of the real girls won't be so dumb unless they're Paris Hilton.  People!!. Girls who do have a computer, know it well enough to get their daily work done. If you are so dumb to get a gadget just because it is Pink, you probably don't know how to use it anyway.why need it?


2. Guy : Before haircut - Looks like Tom Hanks in Cast away
                After haircut - Looks like Brad Pitt
    Girl:  Looks the same before & after but pays a $50 bill.
Girls do need a haircuts, and unfortunately we become the victim of the 'What have you done to your hair!!' thingy from time to time.


3. Guy : Owns 2 pairs of shoes and says, 'I have plenty to wear'
    Girl :  Has tons of shoes and says, ' I don't have anything to wear today evening'


 Unless you're a  really really  rich spoiled brat's daughter or a movie star, you have a lesser probability of owning more than two dozen shoes at a time. You can't obviously wear stilettos for a stroll along the beach, neither do flip-flops work for a formal meet. That's just awkward. It's like asking a guy to wear a tuxedo for a beach party. 
 Girls do have  priorities in life other than deciding what color of shoes to wear today, I guess..for the most part.


4. All those gags about how wrestling is totally cool & how boring soaps are..?


I'm not a soap fan myself, but soaps don't differ much from wrestling.. People wear more clothes..that's all.


I really wanted to include the pictures too that went along with the jokes..but couldn't find them easily..Sorry guys..


 All the above points were mostly in favor of girls..Agreed. But it makes fun of guys too, and it isn't so nice. For the most part, guys are portrayed as just a race addicted to games, cars and the like. Worst of all, most of the gags are aimed at 'Le Derps' getting heart broken by ''Le Derpinas', ending up 'Left forever alone'.  
How many gags portray guys as having an actual 'Life' which most of us do have, either work or studies..? Virtually none I suppose. So, it isn't too pleasant to stereotype guys with a 'Devdas' like picture. 


 So, finally, yeah, yeah, they were just jokes, they weren't meant to hurt anybody, just to make us 'LOL' in Facebook lingo, and so on and so forth.. but I was feeling pretty much jobless and these were just my random thoughts. 

 I will post blogs on more serious topics, subsequently..just wanted a light hearted one... Catch you later.. ^_^ 



4 comments:

Anandh said...

Happy to know there is a someone who knows difference between a joke and life. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

Good blogging. keep up the good work...:)sj

Unknown said...

@sj : Coming from you..thanks :)

Unknown said...

@Anandh: Sometimes jokes are much different than real lives... Thanks for the comment :)