Wednesday, 21 March 2012

AN IN BETWEENER - WORDS..

 The previous post was a pure rant.. I admit it..my own rant. I'll do a sort of in between addition now. 
    I am pretty much shallow most of the times, but I do get thoughtful occasionally. This is one such thing. I'll try and keep it as light hearted as possible. Please bear with me.
   'Sticks & stones may break bones, but words will never hurt me'. We might be familiar with the above mentioned quote. Or not. In any case, most of us can agree it isn't true. For me, both are equally worse.
   Getting scolded by a teacher was enough to get me to rant this much as you would have seen in the previous post. But, I pause to think how many times, I'm guilty of the same thing. 
   I've had my share of 'foot in mouth' situations. But speaking the first thing that pops into your mind is not necessarily a wise thing to do in all situations. If it is injustice, you need to speak out, fine, go ahead, do it. But then, if it concerns your loved one, or someone who is your sub ordinate, please think again..
   People are precious. Relationships are precious. We are supposed to love people and use things. Sadly, nowadays, we love things and use people. I'm not being specific, but, people who are younger than us, or those who are under us..they look up to us, whether we like it or not. We look up to people older than us, our seniors, don't we? Why can't we show a little bit of love & kindness when it is our turn...Our parents, our brothers and sisters, our loved ones..they are part of our lives. And just because our parents wouldn't leave us, doesn't mean that we can take them for granted thinking we can say anything we want. 
   As for me, I'm guilty. I messed up big time. There are  words which I wish I hadn't said, past regrets, memories, lost moments. There are people I have hurt, knowingly or unknowingly. Apologizing does some good, but some things are never the same again..old wounds still shed tears. 
  I hadn't planned on soppy posts like these, but guess I've been the perpetrator or the victim at some point or another in my life..I've said nothing new, still, it wouldn't do any harm to give this issue another thought, I suppose. 
  Have a good day.. :) 

2 comments:

Jaymohan said...

i guess this post will lessen your burden :)


let's not worry about those :)

the book of life always have black pages , where we cant write anything , torn ones , and the FIRST PAGE , which we DECORATE WITH EVERYTHING POSSIBLE


fun is when we finish the notebook and see the LAST PAGE :p

Unknown said...

@Jaymohan Sure it's nice when life's jigsaw pieces fit together... :) thnx 4 commenting..