Monday, 19 March 2012

FACEBOOK TOP 10

Well, hope this one makes up for the soppy post earlier..


Facebook :  
 Girl : I went shopping! ( Gets 1000 likes )
 Boy: I won the Nobel Prize ! ( Gets just 1 like )


We are quite familiar with the above mentioned joke..which is  true for the most part. But this post is about my astute observations and conclusions listing out things that get the most likes on Facebook.


1. Baby Pictures !!!
  I don't have anything against babies. I really don't. If the baby is your own, you are free to post a million pictures of your kid on Facebook. But all those Photoshopped pictures of kids many people end up sharing, I just think, "What's the matter with them? All babies are cute!" Sadly, girls do this most of the time . It gets so many likes and the rest of the girls just go 'Awwww!! Isn't it cute..?'
The worst thing is that these end up as profile pictures sometimes and you get so confused when you get a friend request from them. You can't see anything in their profile, and you're pretty sure they aren't the baby in their profile picture either..What are you supposed to do?? It just pains me so much, seeing such pictures getting so many comments and likes. Period.
p.s A note to people who post their own kids' pictures. Please think before you post something. Your kids do grow up eventually & no one likes seeing a half-naked picture of themselves running around the lawn becoming public. I'm serious.


2. Virtually anything if the person is popular enough
  We are all too familiar with that, aren't we? So annoying sometimes..




 3. Shared photos from other Facebook pages.
  Facebook is full of those pages which post lots of funny pictures ranging from the most obscene to the ones that make you think.
My conclusion : Most of us are way too busy/lazy to click links, or listen to songs anyway. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words right? Reason for the likes and shares. Most of them deserve it too I guess


4. Apps!!
  I tried one of them once and it almost drove me mad.. It's like you need a certain item ( e.g energy ) to continue playing, if your friend has already gotten it, it's posted in their wall. Click it, you'll get it..p.s Don't forget to like it afterwards...


5. Like it if you are human statuses..
  All these statuses, 50 likes - you don't love food, 1000000 likes- you do love food.. Those are just blackmail kind of threats!! Seriously..I love food. In fact, believe it or not, I need it to survive. And getting 10000 likes for the picture I post is not really a way to prove it..


6. Inspirational Quotes
 Nice, as long as you're not seeing them in your wall for the 100th time. 


7. Food!!
 Not nice if you're on a diet or if it is the 5 star hotel kind of dessert, or if you're stuck with hostel food. Otherwise, fine..


8. Pets..
  Cute..but isn't it getting a tad too much?.. all the photoshopped ones especially.. Chicken and Kittens? Come on, people..


9. Wisecracks..
 If the person has enough friends on his friend list to understand them.


10. Cricket updates??
  Any doubts ??


 The above are in no specific order except for the first two. Sad news is that people do share nice links, like good music, newspaper articles, articles about important issues etc. They just get lost in the midst of these over whelming top 10 . If you are too busy to read them, fine. But if you aren't, Facebook is a waste of time anyway, can't you at least boost up your knowledge with it in the least way possible? 


I didn't include 'Why this kolaveri?' song since I'm almost sick of it now. But, post any version of it, even if a donkey sings (brays ) it'll get a lot of likes, I guess.. That's Facebook... *sigh*
Disclaimer: The above post is in no way, a promotional for my blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too musch of anytying isn't good is confirmed by FACEBOOK

Sharon said...

Well written. The next logical article would be, top 10 irritating people on Facebook. Starting with those who update their statuses 30 times a day with each mundane activity (car won't start, promises to be an irritating day!), those who share 30 pictures in one session, to those fishing for complements... and so forth.

Unknown said...

@Sharon : Yeah..seriously..I'd been thinking along the lines too..and may be I'll post about it.. :) thanks a lot for commenting :)

jaymohan said...

i hate all the above things !!!!!!! i have no words to describe them,,,


sadly i dunt speak bad words

which is advantageous for these ppl




like if you are a human ??



omg ,,,, i hate it googley times :@