Monday, 19 March 2012

CROCODILE FOOD..

 Well..my brain has finally started working now. It was feeling sort of super high with all random thoughts buzzing inside, thanks to 2 days of sleep deprivation. Now it's finally settled down and I'm posting about an age old issue which might not be so old after all.
 I realize that medical drama is not so appealing, but I'll get to the 'Alligator food' part eventually. So please bear with me.
  We were having labour ward postings last year where we got to observe babies being born. We read so much stuff about how the birth of a new life is a wonderful thing and all.  I agree, but things sound so much better on paper. What I saw for real, resembled more of a Nazi concentration camp rather than a  place filled with bundles of little joy.
  Kids are nice, and baby photos get so many likes in Facebook, but my friend and I were rather deterred from the idea of having babies ourselves. It was in this situation where my friend made an interesting observation. Most of the times, the mothers aren't happy if the baby is a girl. It is almost as if the mother thinks "I went through all this trouble just for this?" :(   
   I concede that  mothers do love the baby irrespective of the gender. But the thought of  disappointing the family members, the struggles they have to go through raising girls, getting them married &c. accounts for their exasperated faces in this situation. 
  In addition to this, we have heard quite a few stories from patients about how their girl babies went missing just like that or accidentally fell into tiny puddles and died.
  The more reasonable way to explain the above things would be that  these people come from lower socio-economic groups and are illiterate for the most part.
  Now, get this.. a particular someone got married to a guy. She was going to have a baby soon after the wedding. That guy didn't like it at all and gave her all sorts of troubles. That included attempted poisoning, physical abuse, verbal abuse and whatnots. 
 Reason : A baby in the family equals more expenses and a dead government spouse meant a job on compassion grounds. 
 Luckily/unluckily the baby survived all this and got to see the world. The guy got real sad. But he thought of an idea -this picture says it all. And his baby girl would also make good crocodile food. All his problems would be solved.!! To cut the story short, the baby literally lived through three months of starvation, escaped quite a few murder attempts, till the guy decided leave his wife & kid to move somewhere else. 
 The guy married another woman and has two kids - girls!. The baby is still alive, I guess.
  

Author's note: I was too obvious, wasn't I?  But then, if you got bored, all I can say is that this is one of the things I'd been wanting to rant on for quite a while. My apologies for being explicit. For all those who had the patience to read till this, "Just give it a thought. World without girls isn't too nice, right?" 
For more info: click this link.
 Thank you for reading. Please do comment. Have a great week.. :)
p.s  I think Ganges has Gharials- a variety of crocs.. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your rant is understandable and thinking that this is still practised really sickens me out.
Hope the world will know that too.." World without girls isn't too nice"

Unknown said...

Thank you so much... ^_^

Sharon said...

Your rants are.... so logical, they cannot be called rants at all.

Unknown said...

@Sharon : Guess so..still it sure feels great to vent it out.. :)