Guess the previous post was too long..I do hope this one isn't like that. Well..these are just my view points. So it's not like these are universal truths..Hope you understand.
I was in 6th grade. It was my quarterly examination. I was feeling pretty nervous. The first paper was Tamil.
We were seated at the exam hall with 8th grade students. A teacher had come for supervision. She told the 6th grade students to get up for giving the question paper.To my surprise, everyone got the question papers except me. I was left standing alone. So I asked her in the politest way possible, "Ma'am, can I please have my question paper?"
She looked at me over the top of her glasses, and simply told " You didn't get up. So I skipped you". I was totally shocked but still managed to choke out, "Sorry ma'am, but I was standing."
That did it for her. She blasted out and went, " How can you be so arrogant! Talking to a teacher like that..Who do you think you are? What have they taught you at home? I don't think they brought you up properly..Who are your parents? They must be the worst people ever..I won't give you the question paper.."
Now, I was a straight 'A' student. I rarely lost the first rank. I was almost a perfectionist. This was a total shock to me as I'd been accused of something I wasn't guilty about and humiliated in front of everyone. I burst into tears promptly. ( A part of my brain wanted to walk out, but I ruled it out.)
Finally she threw the question paper down after 15 minutes. I picked it up and started writing, half crying till the end.
I couldn't finish the paper on time. I just got 90% which was more than enough, I guess.
We were at loggerheads ( Yay! an idiom ) since that day. She became my class teacher at 10 grade.. but that's another story.
The thing is that, call me sensitive, but somehow I still don't think I deserved all that blasting that day. Dragging my parents into it? That was not nice at all.
All of us aren't the same. We have different IQs. An old example, but kids are like moulding clay. And next to parents, teachers have the greatest potential to taint the beautiful sculptures the kids are going to become. Somehow I wish some teachers do realize the potential they have. After all, there could be another Dr.Abdul Kalam in their class rooms right now, isn't it?
p.s As it turned out, I wasn't alone. This is just my first encounter. What followed and what I came to know after this is a whole another tale.. Thank you for reading.. Have a great day.. ! :)
I was in 6th grade. It was my quarterly examination. I was feeling pretty nervous. The first paper was Tamil.
We were seated at the exam hall with 8th grade students. A teacher had come for supervision. She told the 6th grade students to get up for giving the question paper.To my surprise, everyone got the question papers except me. I was left standing alone. So I asked her in the politest way possible, "Ma'am, can I please have my question paper?"
She looked at me over the top of her glasses, and simply told " You didn't get up. So I skipped you". I was totally shocked but still managed to choke out, "Sorry ma'am, but I was standing."
That did it for her. She blasted out and went, " How can you be so arrogant! Talking to a teacher like that..Who do you think you are? What have they taught you at home? I don't think they brought you up properly..Who are your parents? They must be the worst people ever..I won't give you the question paper.."
Now, I was a straight 'A' student. I rarely lost the first rank. I was almost a perfectionist. This was a total shock to me as I'd been accused of something I wasn't guilty about and humiliated in front of everyone. I burst into tears promptly. ( A part of my brain wanted to walk out, but I ruled it out.)
Finally she threw the question paper down after 15 minutes. I picked it up and started writing, half crying till the end.
I couldn't finish the paper on time. I just got 90% which was more than enough, I guess.
We were at loggerheads ( Yay! an idiom ) since that day. She became my class teacher at 10 grade.. but that's another story.
The thing is that, call me sensitive, but somehow I still don't think I deserved all that blasting that day. Dragging my parents into it? That was not nice at all.
All of us aren't the same. We have different IQs. An old example, but kids are like moulding clay. And next to parents, teachers have the greatest potential to taint the beautiful sculptures the kids are going to become. Somehow I wish some teachers do realize the potential they have. After all, there could be another Dr.Abdul Kalam in their class rooms right now, isn't it?
p.s As it turned out, I wasn't alone. This is just my first encounter. What followed and what I came to know after this is a whole another tale.. Thank you for reading.. Have a great day.. ! :)
3 comments:
rrrrrrrright ms. scheherazade, next story please! i can totally identify with these tales.
this has happened to me too ;) there are always few Teachers in our classes whom we fear mora than any thing in our life ! :P
Hey , forgot to add one thing in my previous comment :) i Like that TELEVISION in the BACKGROUND PICTURE and that :)
Post a Comment